Saturday, April 11, 2009

Flaming Candle

We also had another candle incident the other night. We bought this really pretty painted glass candle holder. I like to put candles in it because the candlelight glows through the painted glass and makes pretty colors. But I wanted to be careful with this one, because it is extra delicate... no exploding glass this time. So when I put a candle inside, I wanted to first make sure it had its own protective casing, so the hot wax wouldn't melt onto the glass and cause explosions. We found a votive candle with plastic casing, big enough to last through the night. But then I woke up in the middle of the night to a strange sound. The whole candle---plus its plastic casing---had gone up into huge, very smelly flames. I put the fire out, but it was a mess. The glass candle holder didn't explode, though I had to clean out the inside. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment