Saturday, April 11, 2009

Flaming Decorative Shrubbery

My girl and I like to go out to breakfast on weekends, because we never get a chance to enjoy a meal in the morning during the week. The other day we went to this French cafe. It is really expensive, but they have good bread. They also have two big decorative shrubs adorning the entrance. After breakfast I was waiting outside when---I'm not sure how---one of these shrubs went up in flames. It happened very fast and the fire was big. I realized that the fire could easily spread to the rest of the building, and in a moment of heroism I grabbed the flaming pot and pulled it out onto the sidewalk. There we could really watch it burn, without worrying about some larger disaster. Unfortunately the restaurant employees got word of the incident and came out with big buckets of water. The shrub was quickly extinguished. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment