Monday, May 11, 2009

Burnt menu

The other night my girl and I went out to eat. They gave us a menu, as usual. The menu was in Czech and I couldn't read it very well, so I was looking at it carefully. Then all the sudden the top of the menu burst into flames. I blew it out and ash got all over the table. We cleaned things up and thankfully the service did not notice. It turns out that the problem was a candle underneath the menu. These candles can be a real fire hazard, in my opinion. Anyway, we were able to fold up the menu in such a way that the fire damage could not be seen from the outside. We gave it back to the nice waitress---no harm done. I wonder who ended up getting the menu next. The end.

4 comments:

  1. hahahaha!! you're hilarious!! I can't believe you caught a menu on fire!! Sveti can't take you anywhere!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... I am afraid it was me who had the menu in the hand when it happened :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tchovi is definitely a pyro. I don't think it was an accident.

    ReplyDelete