Thursday, May 14, 2009

Pastry Lady

Every morning my girl and I like to get pastries in the subway on the way to work. I let her choose, cause she knows how to name the pastries in Czech. But I'm learning the names too, I can say vishnovi and menunkovi, but I'm not sure what pastries I'd get. Anyway, there's this mean lady who always serves us the pastries. We look forward to her refreshing style every morning. Last time I was paying for the pastries in change---I placed the coins on the counter so I could count them. This got her very annoyed, because I didn't place the change on the special dish who's purpose is to have change placed in it. She slammed her hand on the dish and said something in Czech, so I moved my money to the dish. I thought I was supposed to finish counting it first, but I guess not. Anyway, since this incident we haven't seen her at the pastry shop... there is a new girl, she is quite well-fed and pleasant looking. I wonder what happened to the mean pastry lady. The end.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Tchovi! But today we didn´t have pastries! Btw. meruňoví and višňoví!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw. you were up yestersday at 11.21 PM???

    ReplyDelete